Monday, July 16, 2012

In 2 Places at Once



This year, our schedule is going to be a little different.  Previously, we have had five - one hour, fifteen minute classes, beginning at 8:10am. 

This school year, we will use the 8:10 - 9am time as a remediate/enrichment time.  During this time, those of us that teach a county-wide reading program, LMB will teach our small groups, while an essential teacher (PE, music, computer, art, band) will facilitate my class of students. 

My team teacher and I were discussing that I will be in my classroom with my students every other week as she and I share a LMB group and teach a week at a time.  Our interest was coming up with a way to ensure that both classrooms received the same instruction regardless to the teacher that was in the room.   It isn't that we felt as though the essential arts teacher wouldn't be able to fill this role, but it is possible that the teacher may not feel as confortable teaching LA or Math on their own. 

Therefore, we will be using our Ipads (new to our school). We will turn on the active board and place the Ipad underneath the document camera.  Each classroom will have an Ipad and will Skype with one another. This way, the teacher in the other room will be able to be viewed on the activeboard and provide the same instruction to both classrooms. 

We are excited to give this a try. I'll let you know how it works!


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on getting the iPad. Our school got them last year. The kids loved them!

    MrsMc

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!